- Google+ Local
Review Us on Google+
Please add a review to Google+ and let others know about Stringfellows, the world's most famous gentleman's club!
Click the button on our
Google+ page: Stringfellows London
Rate us on Facebook
If you love Stringfellows we'd really appreciate you rating us on Facebook! Thank you!
Follow Us on Twitter
Following us sends a social signal to others and helps increase our profile among prospective followers. Follwers also receive updates about us through your Twitter feed.
- Why Twitter
Tweeting will help to spread the word about Stringfellows London to your network of followers. Our hope is that your friends will choose to follow us, and then re-tweet your message about us to their friends, and so on.
- What Does a "Follow" Do?
Similar to liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter sends a very important social signal to the search engines and helps to increase our profile among other prospective followers. People who use Twitter are more likely to trust the information coming from a feed that has a lot of followers. The more followers we have, the more followers we will attract. By following us, you will also receive our updates through your Twitter feed.
- Did You Know?
Here are a few of the most extraordinary Twitter status updates ever:
When ice was found on Mars, how did the news break? In the New York Times? No. On CNN? No. A blog, perhaps? Strike three! The news that ice was discovered on Mars was first passed along via the Twitter account of the Mars Phoenix Lander.
It can take hours to write a good news article or blog post, 30 minutes to write a breaking news article, and even five minutes to write a couple of lines to break a story. With Twitter status updates, it takes a matter of seconds. This has enabled Twitter to break news even before TV network news outlets.
Of course, none of these extraordinary updates would be possible if it weren’t for the first Twitter update, made on March 21, 2006 by Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey.
- Create a Twitter Account
Creating a Twitter account requires just a few easy steps:
- Go to https://twitter.com/signup. This link will take you directly to the Twitter sign-up form.
- Fill in the form fields and click the “Create my account” button.
- This will lead you to a page on which you will create your user name. Once you have selected an available name, confirm that the information you provided on the sign-up page is correct and click “Create my account.”
- You will receive a confirmation email at the address you provided. Follow the instructions in that email to confirm your Twitter account.
- That’s all, folks! You’re ready to start Tweeting!
- More Ways to Help on Twitter
Have you ever used an instant messaging system? If so, then you know how much more likely you are to pay attention and respond immediately to an IM as compared to an email. It might be helpful for you to think of Twitter as a sort of IM client that is constantly on and able to reach people who actively choose to receive your updates. When you pass along our messages by re-tweeting them, or you originate a tweet about us, you are helping us to reach people with interests similar to yours, which is the best word-of-mouth support we could hope for.
- Take the Twitter Quiz
Feel like you have the Twitter bird perched on your shoulder? Find out how Twitter-savvy you are by taking our Twitter quiz!
- True or false: People use Twitter to perform searches more often than they use Yahoo! or Bing.
- Until October 2006, Twitter was named:
- The Wire
- True or false: Two-thousand Twitter users receive 50 percent of the attention of all Twitter users.
- On average, how long does it take for a total of one billion Tweets to be sent by Twitter users?
- One year
- One month
- Five days
- One day
- a. True: Approximately 24 billion searches are performed on Twitter each day. That’s more than Bing (5 billion) and Yahoo! (10 billion) combined.
- b. Twttr
- b. False: While our false number is a bit of an exaggeration, you might still be surprised to learn that roughly 20,000 Twitter users (.05 percent of registered users) command about 50 percent of the attention of all Twitter users.
- c. Five days
Find Us on Yelp
We encourage you to find us on Yelp, but we respect Yelp’s official stance on soliciting reviews (hint: they don’t like it). Instead, we’ll simply ask you to “Check us out on Yelp!”
- Why Yelp
Yelp is one of the most established and highly trusted online review sites. Reviews on Yelp, both positive and negative, can have profound effects on the reputation and success of a business. Among many consumers, one positive review from a “real person” on Yelp can carry greater weight than a professionally written review in a magazine or on a blog.
- What Does a "Yelp" Do?
Let’s say that you love coffee. An acquaintance of yours who also loves coffee tells you about a new coffee house that he or she enjoyed, giving you balanced, articulate, and basically unbiased support for his or her opinion. That word-of-mouth “review” will probably mean more to you than a professional review, let alone any advertising or promotion the coffee house is doing. Likewise, an honest, well-reasoned Yelp review from a consumer will likely mean more to other consumers, especially if they’re among the millions who consult Yelp routinely before giving businesses their patronage.
- Did You Know?
Have you ever visited a business with a “People Love Us on Yelp” sticker on proud display? That’s not simply a sticker meant to encourage positive Yelp reviews, nor is it one that can be bought. Those stickers are awarded twice a year by Yelp to companies that earn them through consistently high ratings.
- Create a Yelp Account
Creating a Yelp account requires just a few simple steps:
- Go to https://www.yelp.com/signup.
- You have the choice of creating your Yelp account through your Facebook account or by supplying an email address. If you sign up through your Facebook account, your account will be established immediately; if you supply an email address, you will have to respond to a confirmation email.
- That’s all she wrote! You can now post reviews whenever you wish.
- More Ways to Help on Yelp
When it comes to Yelp, we will never ask anyone specifically to help us. You can, however, help to establish yourself as a valued, trusted member of the Yelp community by making sure that any reviews you publish – positive, negative, or in between – are coherent, comprehensible, and unbiased. Posting many one-sentence reviews on Yelp will not help to establish your credibility. What will help are a few judicious, thoughtful reviews about businesses that truly inspire strong opinions in you and provide real use to other consumers.
- Take the Yelp Quiz
Whether you are an experienced Yelper or a Yelp newbie, we invite you to take our Yelp quiz!
- True or false: Most Yelp traffic comes from smart phones.
- According to Yelp’s research, the factor most likely to influence a consumer’s rating is:
- Selection of services
- The quality of a business’s website
- Customer service
- How many unique visitors does Yelp receive each month on average, approximately?
- 4 million
- 71 million
- 10 billion
- True or false: The largest category on Yelp is restaurants.
- b. False: While mobile usage of Yelp is growing, 60 percent of Yelp searches take place on desktop and laptop computers.
- d. Customer service
- c. 71 million
- b. False: Restaurant reviews once ruled the Yelp landscape; however, since September 2011, shopping has been the largest category on Yelp.
- True or false: Most Yelp traffic comes from smart phones.